• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Rotel DT-6000 Review & Measurements (CD Player / DAC)

Rotel released a firmware update for the DT6000 on July 27th.

Dunno if the issue is fixed.

DT-6000 - Version 1.03 Software Release

Release Notes
● Fixed a bug where an occasional unexpected stop may occur during CD playback. ● Minor bug fixes.

Neric

Rotel released a firmware update for the DT6000 on July 27th.

Dunno if the issue is fixed.

DT-6000 - Version 1.03 Software Release

Release Notes
● Fixed a bug where an occasional unexpected stop may occur during CD playback. ● Minor bug fixes.

I've got it installed but not sure how to test jitter.

For anyone else that trys to update the DT-6000 - you cannot use the USB port - confirmed with rotel support - you must use the RS232 (I used a USB to RS232 cable) - so the manual is wrong.

I've got it installed but not sure how to test jitter.

For anyone else that trys to update the DT-6000 - you cannot use the USB port - confirmed with rotel support - you must use the RS232 (I used a USB to RS232 cable) - so the manual is wrong.
Interesting, so there is no software update option in the setup menu?
This is strange as what is the purpose of the usb port on the back then?

Thanks.

Neric

Interesting, so there is no software update option in the setup menu?
This is strange as what is the purpose of the usb port on the back then?

Thanks.

There is no Ethernet connection on the DT-6000, my RA-1592MKII has one - so it's menu has a way to update the software, but I used the USB to RS232 to update that device as well. But DT-6000's menu just shows the version - you push the update from a PC.

Rotels software is pretty old, but it works fine. Maybe they planned on a newer interface by now. The manual just says RS232 is for home automation.. doesn't even say you can use it to update.

There is no Ethernet connection on the DT-6000, my RA-1592MKII has one - so it's menu has a way to update the software, but I used the USB to RS232 to update that device as well. But DT-6000's menu just shows the version - you push the update from a PC.

Rotels software is pretty old, but it works fine. Maybe they planned on a newer interface by now. The manual just says RS232 is for home automation.. doesn't even say you can use it to update.
Oh k, so there is no Software Update option in the setup of the DT6000? If there is then u have to load the software on the usb stick & click that option, i will be getting my DT6000 soon so will be a bummer if it's only through the windows software as i m on Mac :(

Neric

Oh k, so there is no Software Update option in the setup of the DT6000? If there is then u have to load the software on the usb stick & click that option, i will be getting my DT6000 soon so will be a bummer if it's only through the windows software as i m on Mac :(

There is no option to load it via a USB stick. Are you getting it from a local store? Maybe they can patch it for you?

Here's the instructions, you can see just how old the interface is.

There is no option to load it via a USB stick. Are you getting it from a local store? Maybe they can patch it for you?

Here's the instructions, you can see just how old the interface is.

Those intructions could be standard for all cd players from Rotel.
Could be the usb is for usb-ethernet adaptor like how my Rotel T14 was. That unit needed an adaptor.
It's published everywhere that the usb is for software updates, find it hard to believe, when my unit arrives will try & update here..

Neric

Could be the usb is for usb-ethernet adaptor like how my Rotel T14 was. That unit needed an adaptor.
It's published everywhere that the usb is for software updates, find it hard to believe, when my unit arrives will try & update here..

I tried putting usb in - it didn't work- so I called Rotel.
@VintageFlanker
Could you ask the people who you got the unit for measurements, if the firmware can be updated through usb?
As it was also mentioned by you in your review.

Thanks.

Since I point blank asked Rotel support and tried USB my self, I'm pretty sure you can't do it.

I tried putting usb in - it didn't work- so I called Rotel.

Since I point blank asked Rotel support and tried USB my self, I'm pretty sure you can't do it.
Then the reviews & Rotel themselves should correct the info. As they have published this everywhere , in almost all reviews & even on this site they mention update through usb.
TBH i don't trust Rotel support, must be they thought a cd player so thats the method.

P.S- Is there an option called "Software Update" in the User set-up menu on the DT6000?

Neric

So I don't remember seeing this before, did 1.03 add it?

So maybe it is possible after all.

Attachments

• 20230911_120537.jpg
    20230911_120537.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 59

Alex P

Hello! I'm sorry for the bad English. So. After updating the software to version 1.03, the DT-6000 stopped displaying CD-text on the display. Only the time is displayed. Has anyone encountered such a problem? Yesterday I wrote to the support service. There is no answer yet. I didn't notice any other changes in the work of the DT-6000 after the software update.

Hello! I'm sorry for the bad English. So. After updating the software to version 1.03, the DT-6000 stopped displaying CD-text on the display. Only the time is displayed. Has anyone encountered such a problem? Yesterday I wrote to the support service. There is no answer yet. I didn't notice any other changes in the work of the DT-6000 after the software update.
Did you do a factory reset after the firmware update?

respice finem

Major Contributor
Should not happen, since not mentioned in the release notes (if this is your current version)

A case of "if it works, don't fix it", I'm afraid. What might help IMHO is "hard reset": pull the plug and wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
If this doesn't work, try to flash the firmware again.
Good luck.

Alex P

Did you do a factory reset after the firmware update?
Should not happen, since not mentioned in the release notes (if this is your current version)

A case of "if it works, don't fix it", I'm afraid. What might help IMHO is "hard reset": pull the plug and wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
If this doesn't work, try to flash the firmware again.
Good luck.
I tried to turn off the power. Re-installed the software. CD-text is not displayed. It seems that the guys from Rotel are not telling something about their release of new software for the DT-6000.

Alex P

Seriously, the cd-text function in software version 1.02 was implemented very unsuccessfully. The names of the track, artist and album were displayed in a running line. Very slow and uninformative. Therefore, it was not particularly valuable. I had a Denon 755 CD player in the 90s. His cd-text function was conveniently made. Using a special button, it was possible to display information separately about the name of the track, album and artist.

Seriously, the cd-text function in software version 1.02 was implemented very unsuccessfully. The names of the track, artist and album were displayed in a running line. Very slow and uninformative. Therefore, it was not particularly valuable. I had a Denon 755 CD player in the 90s. His cd-text function was conveniently made. Using a special button, it was possible to display information separately about the name of the track, album and artist.
Hi,
Did you fix the issue with the cd text?

Top Bottom