• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I would like to see a teardown with high res photos of the internals. There needs to be more detail on the parts used. What pot are they using? ect
When you buy one tear it down and show us, thanks in advance.

Giangi71

[QUOTE = "JohnYang1997, post: 673513, member: 5166"] Mi chiedevo cosa intendevi veramente per TRS e TRRS. Forse intendevi TS e TRS. Assicurati che sia TRS non TS. [/ QUOTE]
I was wondering what did you really mean by TRS and TRRS. Perhaps you meant TS and TRS. Make sure it's TRS not TS.
Could it be joined with a Matrix mini-I Pro 3 dac? Thanks

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
this question been answered. This forum really needs a thread-search utility like Head
[QUOTE = "JohnYang1997, post: 673513, member: 5166"] Mi chiedevo cosa intendevi veramente per TRS e TRRS. Forse intendevi TS e TRS. Assicurati che sia TRS non TS. [/ QUOTE]

Is Matrix a dac+headphone AMP already?

Tortie

Forum Donor
I was wondering what did you really mean by TRS and TRRS. Perhaps you meant TS and TRS. Make sure it's TRS not TS.

Heck I don't know. This new 1/4 jack implementation is confusing. None of the cable makers I know of even sell balanced 6.35mm cables. There's never been a headphone amp or DAC that's used this method of inputting/outputting BO audio. This is going to confuse the hell out of people.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

You can connect the XLR outputs of the Matrix mini-I Pro 3 directly to the XLR inputs of the A30Pro using XLR-XLR cables but also from Matrix (using XLR out using XLR-TRS cables on the A30Pro.
Basically the TRS outputs also function as an input as they are simply connected together.
You can't use both TRS and XLR as inputs at the same time though.

Last edited:

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Heck I don't know. This new 1/4 jack implementation is confusing. None of the cable makers I know of even sell balanced 6.35mm cables. There's never been a headphone amp or DAC that's used this method of inputting/outputting BO audio. This is going to confuse the hell out of people.
It's gives the same power 1/4,4.4mm,xlr gives a tad more not much if I'm correct.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

They are very common in the pro circuit.
XLR and TRS are both used for balanced operation. Often consoles even have both and there are plenty of cables going from XLR to TRS and vice-versa. You would have to buy these at music centers etc. Not in your typical HiFi shop. For HiFi TRS 6.3mm is reserved for stereo headphones.

Last edited:

Giangi71

You can connect the XLR outputs of the Matrix mini-I Pro 3 directly to the XLR inputs of the L30 using XLR-XLR cables but also from Matrix (using XLR out using XLR-TRS cables on the L30.
Basically the TRS outputs also function as an input as they are simply connected together.
You can't use both TRS and XLR as inputs at the same time though.
L30?

Giangi71

I would've not bought Matrix for low impedance phone then.
So...I use Matrix only as a dac streamer for Roon! I won't use it as a headphone amp. The Topping A30 Pro will be the amp side, do you understand?

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
So...I use Matrix only as a dac streamer for Roon! I won't use it as a headphone amp. The Topping A30 Pro will be the amp side, do you understand?
You may consider Matrix Element I which has better output impedance sans balanced headphone output which A30 Pro is lack of either.

Top Bottom