• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Forsaked

Does anybody got more infos on that D900 & A900?

Saponetto

This forcibly remembers to me Topping's first attempt of putting EQ on a single device.
The M50 had presets and customizable ten-bands EQ profiles, sadly limited at 44.1-32 via USB.
Needless to say, it was a shooting star and I was lucky to find one of these things just in time to give it a try.

192-32 via USB is anyway a sensible step forward, witnessing the leap in elaboration power made for the D50 Phase III.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Does anybody got more infos on that D900 & A900?
At least a couple of months away I was told by the U.K. distributor.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Nothing yet as they haven’t officially been released.
Keith

Haruko

What I am curious about is crosstalk on a50 III, I know it will be over 90dB but still

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It has balanced input and output, so crosstalk is pretty much non existant if you use fully bal.
What I am curious about is crosstalk on a50 III, I know it will be over 90dB but still

Gradius

D900 looks $2k, around the same for A900 (perharps it will be even more).

D90 III discrete got my interest:
"The D90 III Discrete uses a positive and negative 16-element DAC for each channel, achieving high performance indicators of THD+N<0.00006% and SNR>128dB. Its appearance is similar to the D90 III SABRE, but it is designed with an observation window at the DSM module for users to directly see the internal structure. The D900 takes DSM technology to the extreme, using a positive and negative 32-element DAC for each channel, marking a new height in performance. The D900 is equipped with a PEQ function, suitable for more usage scenarios."

"Also on display is the A900 flagship headphone amplifier, equipped with 6 channels, driving balanced and unbalanced outputs respectively, boasting TOPPING's strongest output power to date."

Finally:
"The D90 III Discrete and D900, showcase the future direction of TOPPING. Facing the chip shortage in recent years, TOPPING continues to explore a unique DAC technology route, and DSM decoding technology is one of them. Both products demonstrate performance comparable to flagship decoding chips."

Attachments

• D90 III.jpg
    D90 III.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • D900.jpg
    D900.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168

Gradius

Some impressions:

"I got a chance to listen to the A900/D900 at CanJam and was very impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 2 units. The sound was very relaxed, engaging and balanced. Very engrossing listen that drew me into the music. I was told the new units would be released toward the 3rd quarter of this year. I put them on my wish list."

"I had a listen to this setup, as well. I'm not accustomed to the Sennheiser 800 series headphones, but I thought the system sounded darn good. Topping has also elevated the look-n-feel with these pieces. Looking forward to reading more about them once they hit the market."

So around July, August, or September.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Some impressions:

"I got a chance to listen to the A900/D900 at CanJam and was very impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 2 units. The sound was very relaxed, engaging and balanced. Very engrossing listen that drew me into the music. I was told the new units would be released toward the 3rd quarter of this year. I put them on my wish list."

"I had a listen to this setup, as well. I'm not accustomed to the Sennheiser 800 series headphones, but I thought the system sounded darn good. Topping has also elevated the look-n-feel with these pieces. Looking forward to reading more about them once they hit the market."

So around July, August, or September.
Have you heard the 900 devices compared to the other devices at the topping stand?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What I see is a solution in search of a problem.

Gradius

The 'problem' is how to appeal to customers who believe discrete is better than IC, and will pay handsomely for it. A bit like making an amp that goes up to 11.

Well, Burson do that since 2009 with their OPamps, I tried some of them before and like it, but w/o an audio analyzer like the APx555B I don't know if it introduces more snr, thd, sinad, etc, to the sound/music.

I tried them when I had my D50, now I'm on "default" E50+L50.

More about them:

Top Bottom