• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem I have a topping d10 DAC....I install ASIO drivers and it gives me an error message!

glintscollide

so hello everyone!

I don't know if this is the right section...

I have a TOPPING D10 DAC...

I would like to use FOOBAR but with asio driver....I installed the famous ASIO Output 2.2 from the menu that the player recommends....

well before I read the dsf (in PCM I believe the DAC then it didn't change sampling frequency on the display and it didn't give me dsd above all) calmly now it gives me the following error...

Unrecoverable playback error: The process receiving or sending data has terminated

I went crazy on the web last night I can't take it off...and I don't hear anything!

I also use RESONIC PLAYER but it doesn't have ASIO support I guess...

before I used JRIVER MEDIA CENTER and everything worked...even the DAC display....but after a month of testing the party was over! Sad

moreover....I changed several ASIO and a thousand configurations but every time it shows me the file data on the topping screen, only white noise comes out....but if I put type pcm in output (for device) then it sounds but it shows on the display 44.1...damn! it only works like this with the output device "ASIO+DSD topping audio device"....

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Uninstall everything and start fresh.
All you need to know to play DSD,etc here:

OP
G

glintscollide

Uninstall everything and start fresh.
All you need to know to play DSD,etc here:

many many thanks!

i will try hope all goes well!

OP
G

glintscollide

i did all what is writed and the situation is that i play dsf files but not with ASIO...i haven't even no ASIO choices under OUTPUT section...only few ones....the situation i s even worst than before...i want to use ASIO with FOOBAR....don't know how to do!

OP
G

glintscollide

i even tryed to install ASIO drivers from topping site itself but nothing to do....no ASIO IN MY OUTPUT LIST!

OP
G

glintscollide

now i downloaded asio driver for foobar from site....looks how it goes on output
-ASIO FOR ALL the file goes but i hear nothing...then after some minutes "Unrecoverable playback error: Could not query sample rate"
-ASIO TOPPING USB AUDIO DEVICE it function but my topping displey is freezed on 44.1 pcm

so it is better....not very well functioning...and then i cannot see the correct sampling and dsd signal on the topping display...

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I'm NOT an ASIO expert...

i even tryed to install ASIO drivers from topping site itself but nothing to do....no ASIO IN MY OUTPUT LIST!
Normally the drivers come from the hardware manufacturer. Except a lot of DACs and audio interfaces are "class compliant" so they work with the drivers that come with Windows, OSX, or Linux. (That's not ASIO.)

That's different from the foobar component which makes foobar compatible with ASIO drivers.

You can try ASIO4ALL which is like an "adapter' that allows non-ASIO hardware to work with ASIO applications. (It doesn't work the other way around... It make RESONIC PLAYER work with ASIO hardware/drivers.

You probably don't need ASIO. ASIO was created for low latency. That's important when you are performing and recording while monitoring yourself on headphones. But a few milliseconds of delay isn't a problem when you're listening to a recording from 1965, or even one recorded a few minutes ago. ;)

It's also "bit perfect" which might be desirable, but it means you can't play a sample rate that's not supported by your hardware. It also means no mixing so only one audio application can be active at a time (to that particular device).

Sokel

Master Contributor
It's a given that you must install your manufacturer's drivers first of all.
What is your driver's control panel reports?

(the one that comes with topping drivers,similar to this) :

CP.PNG

OP
G

glintscollide

It's a given that you must install your manufacturer's drivers first of all.
What is your driver's control panel reports?

(the one that comes with topping drivers,similar to this) :

View attachment 306383
similar but a lot simplier... there are: no options no clock source no sample rate and infact no ASIO device....

OP
G

glintscollide

I'm NOT an ASIO expert...

Normally the drivers come from the hardware manufacturer. Except a lot of DACs and audio interfaces are "class compliant" so they work with the drivers that come with Windows, OSX, or Linux. (That's not ASIO.)

That's different from the foobar component which makes foobar compatible with ASIO drivers.

You can try ASIO4ALL which is like an "adapter' that allows non-ASIO hardware to work with ASIO applications. (It doesn't work the other way around... It make RESONIC PLAYER work with ASIO hardware/drivers.

You probably don't need ASIO. ASIO was created for low latency. That's important when you are performing and recording while monitoring yourself on headphones. But a few milliseconds of delay isn't a problem when you're listening to a recording from 1965, or even one recorded a few minutes ago. ;)

It's also "bit perfect" which might be desirable, but it means you can't play a sample rate that's not supported by your hardware. It also means no mixing so only one audio application can be active at a time (to that particular device).
how could you add something to resonic player?...it use WASAPI... like it a lot....maybe do you mean the pro version..it's expensive.....ASIO4ALL gives me problem as you see above...few minutes of play without sounds than it blocks and gives me an error: "Unrecoverable playback error: Could not query sample rate"

OP
G

glintscollide

once i used jriver media player...and i all perfectly functioning...ASIO...AND THE DISPLAY OF MY TOPPING GIVES CORRECT SMPLE RATES OF DSF FILES AND THE DSD NAMING....then trial finished and all the magic goes away!!!! :(

Sokel

Master Contributor
I'll say it again,uninstall EVERYTHING (except Topping drivers) and start new.
Clean any remains and install the later versions of
foobar
foobar_asio+DSD component
SACD component,just these three.

Make sure you don't mix 32-bit with 64-bit components and vice-versa,32-bit is fine as 64-bit is still beta.

Configure SACD component to output whatever you like (PCM,PCM+DSD,DSD,the later if you want DSD and PCM to play as is)
Set your output to ASIO+DSD : (Your DAC) and there you are.

OP
G

glintscollide

now it is going but only output on PCM...no native i think...the dac display is stack on 384 pcm....not dsd...i cannot use output DSD on super audio cd section...or DSD+PCM...now i try the AIMP 4....

Sokel

Master Contributor
now it is going but only output on PCM...no native i think...the dac display is stack on 384 pcm....not dsd...i cannot use output DSD on super audio cd section...or DSD+PCM...now i try the AIMP 4....
The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the right Topping drivers installed or something has gone wrong with the installation.
If device's drivers is correct and the DAC is capable playing DSD the options should appear.

Also check windows control panel and try the exclusive option under your devices advance properties.

But double check is device's drivers are correct.

OP
G

glintscollide

this is the driver (5.57.0.26599 driver 23-02-2023) windows gives me correctly installed....it seems the last one issued...and with the jriver it gave me the info on the display correctly even with the old driver... you see...just uninstalled jriver never seen the display work in dsd again....only with pcm values and with foobar...

Mordor

Installed this 3 days ago on my PC portable.

I have lots of errors, but the problem was simples: Installed Foorbar 64 version

Went i change to 32 version, everything went smootly. Just follow the steps on Toppinf manual.

Don`t know if important, my SO is W10 64 Enterprise LTSC. Didn`t try on W7 due drivers difficulty to get them.

Hope it helps.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Can you post screen shots of your settings at:
Output tab
SACD tab
Decoding tab
and driver panel?

(also windows mixer and DAC's properties can be useful)

Also,did you try with a different USB cable? (I hope we talk about USB connection)

OP
G

glintscollide

the USB cable was given to me with topping(anyway it seems to me more a software/driver affair)
....here are the screens you ask me:

the configuration on screenshot 6 don't function to me....only screenshot 1

in the screenshot 2 if i put ASIO oy ASIO+PCM in type i hear only noise with music low in the back or nothing at all

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    37.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    41 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png