• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 89 39.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 120 52.6%

• Total voters

Sergey2020

If you can't hear the difference between DACs, then acoustically prepare the room or change the speaker system. Or your ears don't allow you to hear. Measurements are good, but I listen to music, not sine and meander

Nutul

If you can't hear the difference between DACs, then acoustically prepare the room or change the speaker system. Or your ears don't allow you to hear. Measurements are good, but I listen to music, not sine and meander
If the differences are audible, then they are measurable; no magic ears here. The opposite is not always true, and at the level of transparency all these new DACs are, there is likely nothing to hear that may tell what DAC you are listening to. Leaving, of course, any coloration filters / DSP / valve-plugins / etc. that the "DAC" could have, out of the equation.

True that a clean-sounding system and a good room both help a lot in non masking the sound with excessive noise / reverberation / standing waves, and the like.

Sergey2020

Share what you hear !

There is a difference, of course.

It's small, but it's significant. You can't catch it with instruments, only with your ears.

All those who hear it have a good opportunity to discuss all kinds of colorations of adders, microphones, preamps and other equipment.

You don't have to write which one is better. Just describe what the difference is.

Measure the difference between the two files and try to tell me what the difference is, and try to guess what's wrong?

I'm a big fan of blind tests.

Adis

Share what you hear !

There is a difference, of course.

It's small, but it's significant. You can't catch it with instruments, only with your ears.

All those who hear it have a good opportunity to discuss all kinds of colorations of adders, microphones, preamps and other equipment.

You don't have to write which one is better. Just describe what the difference is.

Measure the difference between the two files and try to tell me what the difference is, and try to guess what's wrong?

I'm a big fan of blind tests.
Didn't hear difference. Because I wasn't listening to difference.
Then I made a difference (subtracted 2 from 1!), listened to it and, of course, heard it - it was phasing in and out of its self. :)

effj

I have a 4U wooden desktop rack enclosure with a dbx 223xs and Behringer A800, and ordered a TP RD3 to complete the rack. I’m looking forward to the volume knob and fixed placement vs. my E50 which tilts a little due to all the rear cables.

Jojo

I have a 4U wooden desktop rack enclosure with a dbx 223xs and Behringer A800, and ordered a TP RD3 to complete the rack. I’m looking forward to the volume knob and fixed placement vs. my E50 which tilts a little due to all the rear cables.
From wich place did you bought it please ? I don't see any seller in EU ; only Aliexpress Topping official account.

effj

From wich place did you bought it please ? I don't see any seller in EU ; only Aliexpress Topping official account.
Yes, that’s where I bought it. It shipped directly from China.

Top Bottom