• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem I have a topping d10 DAC....I install ASIO drivers and it gives me an error message!

Sokel

Master Contributor
Ok,I see you have not installed ASIO+DSD,instead you have installed foo_DSD ASIO.
No.
Delete everything,unistall foobar and evry component left,install only the two components I have in the other thread.
This:

and this:

No other additional ASIO,nothing.
Topping drivers are fine.

Set them up as I have them in the thread and you must be ok.

You must know that to play DSD all levels must be at 100% so if you don't have some other way (analog,etc) to control volume maybe thats not for you.

OP
G

glintscollide

Ok,I see you have not installed ASIO+DSD,instead you have installed foo_DSD ASIO.
No.
Delete everything,unistall foobar and evry component left,install only the two components I have in the other thread.
This:

and this:

No other additional ASIO,nothing.
Topping drivers are fine.

Set them up as I have them in the thread and you must be ok.

You must know that to play DSD all levels must be at 100% so if you don't have some other way (analog,etc) to control volume maybe thats not for you.
okay....but the topping display don't gives me frequency and dsd segnalation....it remains pcm....is it right?i repeat when i've used jriver...there was display changing for dsd....

Sokel

Master Contributor
Wait now cause I suspect something weird here.
What kind of files do you use?
PCM or DSD?

OP
G

glintscollide

dsd of course....dsf ones...i repeat jriver read them correctly and topping display was functioning!

Sokel

Master Contributor
Please check your list of programs for any remains of foo_dsd-asio,Asio proxy and stuff and get rid of them.
Make sure they don't appear at your ASIO page (your screen shot 4).
And post a screen of it and SACD to see if something is off.

(Also make sure DSD processor is off and the same with any resampling either on foobar or global)

OP
G

glintscollide

now reinstalled like you say...

but i have to use 24 or 25 configuration?

both functioning but the display on topping stuck on 44.1! :(

i have no more screenshot 4 configuration...and no more SACD on the left as you see yourself...

Attachments

• Screenshot (24).png
    Screenshot (24).png
    772.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    772.4 KB · Views: 66
OP
G

glintscollide

no...no...wait a moment!

i have the SACD section...

as you see i can choose...dsd...ddd+pcm...dsd

if i choose pcm i hear music and the display stuck on 44.1
if i choose dsd i hear only white noise and background feeble music and the dsiplay is perfect 2.82 dsd...all i changed everywhere is only white noise!

?

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 70

Sokel

Master Contributor
if i choose dsd i hear only white noise and background feeble music and the dsiplay is perfect 2.82 dsd...all i changed everywhere is only white noise!

?
That means that your level (windows?foobar?DAC? ) is not at 100%.
To play DSD it has to be at 100% everywhere.

Sometimes,MAYBE can work by controlling DAC's volume control.But usually not,you have to have an analog volume control somewhere in the chain to work right.

24 config is the right one.

OP
G

glintscollide

okay i will go to the top of the volume....and let's see...topping has not hardware volume...

OP
G

glintscollide

hoooorrayyyyy!!!!!is gone!!!!victory!!!! :)

i've even played a dsd 1024 that virtually is not supported from my DAC TOPPING D10S from an audiophile site!!!!

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
What did you do (or not do) to make it work? :oops:
Exactly what I told him without a gazillion of add-ons.
Plain foobar with two components and all levels at 100%.

Reactions: Zek
Top Bottom