• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

officialsm

Anyone could explain me meanings for menù 2 OUTPUT:

LINE OUT
HP SE OUT
HP BAL OUT

Thank you

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Anyone could explain me meanings for menù 2 OUTPUT:

LINE OUT
HP SE OUT
HP BAL OUT

Thank you
It's the output you want to use: line (either XLR or RCA), headphone (singled-ended / unbalanced), or headphone (XLR / balanced).

1638911633128.png

DACslut

Is there anyone using their D5 hooked up to an A20a? If so, what speakers are you using and please give your listenening impressions, thanks! I have both but haven't gotten around to hooking them up yet to my Wharfedale Denton 80th Ann. speakers. Also have a pair of Micca RB42's to try out.

Megaken

Hey guys just got the unit to use with an i2s source, sounds pretty good!

I'm on the 1.6 firmware and would like to update. I've read through this thread and saw the guide included in the f/w download directory.

Looks like the tool is out of stock indefinitely on Amazon - where else can I get it realistically? Or if someone can lend me theirs I'll be happy to cover s&h costs (I'm in the US/PA).

Thanks

Megaken

Also, since there is no auto standby, - is it okay to keep it on forever?

DACslut

I'm on the 1.6 firmware and would like to update. I've read through this thread and saw the guide included in the f/w download directory.

Looks like the tool is out of stock indefinitely on Amazon - where else can I get it realistically? Or if someone can lend me theirs I'll be happy to cover s&h costs (I'm in the US/PA).

Thanks
This is the only place I could find one for sale linked below. I originally got mine from Hifi-express but they're sold out now too. Good luck.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000879753082.html?spm=a2g0o.12057483.0.0.6c224999PGIw3w

DACslut

Also, since there is no auto standby, - is it okay to keep it on forever?
As long as it's plugged in with the master switch on, the D5 is basically in standby mode when powered off with the remote.

DACslut

Thanks
Just curious what exactly is your i2s source and also what cable is connecting them? Thanks.

Megaken

As long as it's plugged in with the master switch on, the D5 is basically in standby mode when powered off with the remote.
Right. But that's an extra step in life. Can I keep it in without powering it off with the remote manually?

Megaken

Just curious what exactly is your i2s source and also what cable is connecting them? Thanks.
Pi2AES and a blue jeans Hdmi cable ($20 on Amazon)

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Public Service Announcement

I know a few folks have mentioned having trouble finding the D5 firmware update tool. I just loaned mine out to @Megaken and he’ll likely have it early next week, depending on the USPS. If anyone else (in the U.S.) needs to use it just contact Ken; he can ship it out to you and then you can ship it back to me. I don’t have an immediate need for it so I’m OK with some ASR members getting to use it for the next few weeks if they need it. If that does happen please DM me so I know where it is / who has it. Thanks.

Megaken

Public Service Announcement

I know a few folks have mentioned having trouble finding the D5 firmware update tool. I just loaned mine out to @Megaken and he’ll likely have it early next week, depending on the USPS. If anyone else (in the U.S.) needs to use it just contact Ken; he can ship it out to you and then you can ship it back to me. I don’t have an immediate need for it so I’m OK with some ASR members getting to use it for the next few weeks if they need it. If that does happen please DM me so I know where it is / who has it. Thanks.
*And I'll ship it to you for free, it's a Christmas miracle!

fritobugger

Hi. Does the D5 have automatic signal detection so that it turns on when a USB or other digital signal is sent to it?

Megaken

Doesn't seem like it :(
My topping had that and when it's not detecting signal it would automatically go into standby and then when it detected signal again it would automatically turn on. I really miss that part.

fritobugger

Doesn't seem like it :(
My topping had that and when it's not detecting signal it would automatically go into standby and then when it detected signal again it would automatically turn on. I really miss that part.
Thank you for the speedy reply.

Kenny_Z

Do we have any Mac users here? I'm experiencing the audio break/gap issue in Big Sur 11.6.1. The firmware for D5 is 1.6.
I wonder if the problem is on D5 or on Mac's USB configuration. Did anyone experience the same problem?

georgek558

Hi i recieved today directly from sabaj store . Its not turning on can anyone help please.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Hi i recieved today directly from sabaj store . Its not turning on can anyone help please.
What have you done so far to try to turn it on?

Keep in mind: there is both a power switch on the back of the unit that needs to be turned on, as well as the power on/off button on the front of the unit. (Or the power button on the remote.)

1639839738457.png

1639839757551.png

Top Bottom