• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

CedarX

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I vote we, as an audio community, boycott ANY and ALL Tekton equipment. Obviously, this "Karen" at Tekton thiks too highly of his items and cannot take any criticism on their products whether good or bad. This is narsasistic (sic) tendencies. Simply not reviewing them is the easiest way to solve this.

If anyone asks about them, send them to all these issues.

Let Tekton implode over their own ignorances.
I would disagree here: ASR’s reviews are about informing, and discussing audio products, based on facts. I don’t think it’s about dictating what members should or shouldn’t purchase… or did I miss something?
I don’t wish Tekton to implode or get bankrupt… I wish they learn from Amir’s review, go back to the design board, and improve the M-Lore into a great speaker.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Considering the nasty letter and threats sent to Amir and Erin, I'd have expected that much or more a response to GR.
Most likely he did not know about it especially since that video came out a couple of years go. People searching for his speaker would not likely land on GR video

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most likely he did not know about it especially since that video came out a couple of years go. People searching for his speaker would not likely land on GR video

When I load up that video in YouTube it says it's from July, so only 3 months before your M-Lore review here. But I think you're right about the searching/landing issue: it's a rapid-fire assessment of 18 different speakers and there's nothing in the video description, or "key moments" video thumbnails that tells you anything about which speakers or manufacturers are included. If you look at the cover image I believe that's a Lore on the lefthand side - but you already have to know what you're looking for to realize that.

So it's very likely Eric Alexander had - and still has - no idea that Danny slammed his speaker.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Imagine all the lost sales Danny has caused.

/sarcasm

GWolfman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander Shame on you for your distasteful, childish behavior. Your design was faithfully exhibited in both reviews, and frankly it’s an inferior design (according to current studies/science). Build a new and proper speaker and have @amirm test it to vindicate your audio knowledge or go in peace.

WillBrink

Very unlikely he was not alerted by someone. Regardless, everyone who measures the speaker seems to find it lacking. He should have done what others do and either ignore it, fix it, or claim it's intentional.

Top Bottom