• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TEAC UD-701N Streamer / Headamp + AP-701 Hypex Ncore Amp

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
The combination of these two might make for a pretty cool stack:

ap-701-s_ud-701n-s_image.jpg

Not budget gear, but not crazy expensive and the build quality looks great.

Blatantly claiming to be a Delta Sigma DAC.

Based on the parts and engineering I'm guessing it measures decently.

Roon ready with a firmware update.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Amp is clean inside too.
EDIT: I suppose they could have twisted the wires but it looks well laid out.
ap-701-b_interior.jpg

Eeyoredave

Just digging this out, I saw it in the shop here, discrète sigma delta DAC? doesnt seem to state what chip…

oOBurrowsOo

To exchange some experiences...

I have bought the 701NT dac. It sounds very nice with some added 'fairy dust' on top not too neutral like older nad dac's. You can also switch between Delta Sigma dac and Multibit. I find the Delta Sigma slightly more detailed, but the multibit more forward (towards the listener). I am happy with the streaming dac.

Can someone elaborate on the amplifier (i am interested) the AP-701. Does it sound any different from the Audiophonics HPA-S500NC? They both use the same ncore amplifiers. Primare seems to use hypex also. They tend to be more expensive and claim to have added some technology (in the power supply). Looking at the inside the Teac seems to use the own donuts power supply in stead of the ones included on the circuit board.

TimW

Major Contributor
Looking at the inside the Teac seems to use the own donuts power supply in stead of the ones included on the circuit board.
I see AC power being fed to each transformer as well as to the two amplifier boards. I think the amplifier boards use their included power supply and the transformers are just for TEACs discrete dual mono input buffers.

Teac's USA site now how specs for the AP-701
I've been happy with my ap-505, but I might need to upgrade.

I think prices for both are ridiculous high even with the 20% discount on the EU site.
Not really, for that price you get custom developed delta sigma DAC (not just a chip), streamer, pre-amp and headphone amp. None of these module share the same power supply which is equal to four separate devices putted in a single box. Not to mention that all internals are almost the same as the Esoteric N05-XD

Teac

TEAC-701_20.jpg

Esoteric
esoteric_n05xd.jpg

Alberto62

I all ready compare in my system My Dac AA DAc + Bricasti M5 vs Atoll ST 300,Matrix Element M2,Teac UD-701N,Bricasti M3 with Streamer on board.
Finally my best Choice afetr days testing was Teac UD-701 N in terms of Organic presence,Homogeneous Details,Nice Sound <Stage and wonderfull control frequency.
Bricasti M3 was a bit better on Sound Stage,but almost similar in orther parameter.So if we compare prices Teac has a Amazing Quality and Sound.
If you looking in detials Teac Ud-701 is almost the same to Esoteric N05 XD ( Price List in Italy 17 K !! )

Top Bottom