• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not really. Thought the other poster's comments were a little pandering and unnecessary.
Oh sorry, I wasn't telling you to "get out of Dodge". I was truly surprised at what I read in the array thread. ;)

Spidacat

No not at all @Timcognito your comment was very helpful. I did think another poster's comment was sort of telling me to go away. Maybe I read too much into it, but it kind of came off that way to me.

alexanderino

No not at all @Timcognito your comment was very helpful. I did think another poster's comment was sort of telling me to go away. Maybe I read too much into it, but it kind of came off that way to me.
That's how online written communication has evolved. When the intent is unclear, I find it's prudent to give the benefit of the doubt. Emoticons and emojis help clarify the intent, so their use is well‐advised.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's how online written communication has evolved. When the intent is unclear, I find it's prudent to give the benefit of the doubt. Emoticons and emojis help clarify the intent, so their use is well‐advised.
Yes having a thick skin helps too. Some people are inpatient, rude, want to impress, intolerant of different opinions, and some enjoy baiting others into arguments. ASR has a broad cross-section industry folk, EEs, hobbyists, enthusiasts, want-to-bes, and newbies and just as many personality traits. Have an open mind, admit when you could be wrong and you'll be fine. :)

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was trying to give the TLDR on the other thread, which I skimmed the other day. I have forgotten the technical specifics, but certain of our members figured out the problems with the tweeter arrays quickly. Thanks to @Timcognito for providing the link.

As to the new member, I just say, welcome aboard.

However, almost everyone here has heard enough about Tekton.

Of all the audio companies that manufacture questionably engineered products ranging between terrible and mediocre, Tekton is another one. It just happens to be run by a litigious and duplicitous maniac with whom no fully informed and rational person would ever do business.

Danny23

Has anyone else listened to the new Daily Hifi Podcast titled “AXPONA 2024 Recap Review?” In it Erin says the trip was relaxing because it was “right after I dropped my F-you Tekton video.” Haha!! I love it.

There’s a little more commentary in there about this subject, but probably not worth the full 1.5 hours of listening if you’re only interested about the Tekton snippets.

Inertiaman

Forum Donor
Has anyone else listened to the new Daily Hifi Podcast titled “AXPONA 2024 Recap Review?” In it Erin says the trip was relaxing because it was “right after I dropped my F-you Tekton video.” Haha!! I love it.

There’s a little more commentary in there about this subject, but probably not worth the full 1.5 hours of listening if you’re only interested about the Tekton snippets.
Yep, dropping that video was no doubt a monkey off Erin's back, with all the relief that usually implies.

In Erin's own initial/quick AXPONA summary video he seemed like he was really enjoying himself. For me, even more upbeat than I've ever seen him in his standard review videos. My bet is that there were a LOT of 'atta boy" comments being thrown his way in the hallways and rooms.

Danny23

Yep, dropping that video was no doubt a monkey off Erin's back, with all the relief that usually implies.

In Erin's own initial/quick AXPONA summary video he seemed like he was really enjoying himself. For me, even more upbeat than I've ever seen him in his standard review videos. My bet is that there were a LOT of 'atta boy" comments being thrown his way in the hallways and rooms.
Yes sir. He mentioned a ton of support and fist bumps from strangers. He also mentioned his confidence in dropping the revised video due to the upswell of support from the audio community.

I also truly believe ASR getting him connected to an attorney helped relieve his stress, even though he didn’t mention it.

Newman

Major Contributor
Some people are inpatient, rude, want to impress, intolerant of different opinions, and some enjoy baiting others into arguments.
A Freudian slip of the best kind!

My too-factual comments quite often attract people of the inpatient variety.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
A Freudian slip of the best kind!

My too-factual comments quite often attract people of the inpatient variety.

Have an open mind, admit when you could be wrong and you'll be fine (as someone maybe said ... )

Last edited:

Danny23

IMG_0578.png

More banned folks and more censorship from King Eric. I’m trying, until I get banned too…

Newman

Major Contributor
As much as I think the comment above is far, far off the mark (as others have already commented), I do want to add one interesting piece of information I came across that was news to me and adds a wrinkle to Harman's listener response data. Someone had linked to this stunningly dense and beautiful page of teachings from the great Mr. Linkwitz himself and item "H" got my attention. Basically, he says that around 3 kHz there's a difference in the way we hear sound coming from directly in front of us in free space versus sound coming broadly from all around us. He cites classical recordings as an example where mic position passes this on to the recording and describes that he typically includes a 4 dB notch at 3 kHz in his crossovers, possibly with a switch to disable it for recordings that weren't mic'd this way (most everything else apparently). When I listened to the LS50 Meta it became apparent that it has a broad dip in the 1-3k range that nixed it for me, but that I now wonder if KEF put in there intentionally, and that I now want to look for it in other speakers as a "telltale" of the designer's thinking (having listened to the KEF and not liking the response with certain material).

Again, this page is awesome:

Yes, you jogged my memory about having looked that that Linkwitz note many years ago, and not knowing what to make of it, ie whether to build it into my early-2000s EQ setups.

Interesting that Linkwitz uses a narrow -4 dB "notch" at 3 kHz, yet the Harwood/BBC reference he cites uses a wider, shallower -2 dB dip across 1 kHz to 3 kHz.

Also interesting that this is effectively an endorsement for the highly-debated Audyssey Midrange Compensation Dip. Perhaps Audyssey might actually have been onto something all along...

cheers

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
At this point the thing I find the saddest is what Erin says in the last few minutes of his latest video.
"IM DONE" and that he will never discuss Tekton or their products with anyone ever again. :mad:
So one of the bright lights of objective/subjective audio reviews has been silenced using threats of legal action,
which really boils down to what I see as financial extortion. A damn shame.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ninjastar

Eric is basically calling Erin a snowflake ("unduly sensitive") with his most recent posts on the FB page. So I guess he's taking the apology back after watching Erin's second video?

Also this post by "Ed Young" to Eric:
....And please, post the data you claim to have to support your accusations that Erin’s measured data is wrong. I don’t think you have it. If so, why haven’t you posted the data? And why have you pull those speakers from your website?

Eric's response:
This is laughable! Eighteen 'product of the year awards' and you wonder if I have any measurements? Erin and Amir would have to work eight hours a day for 10 years to equal the loudspeaker measurements I've taken over my career. Furthermore, I have people that will support this. Also consider this... we have produced 1000's and 1000's of loudspeakers with every one carefully measured before they ship to clients. We have five Audiomatica electro-acoustical machines here; they're Italian, like my car.

:facepalm:

caught gesture

Forum Donor
Eric is basically calling Erin a snowflake ("unduly sensitive") with his most recent posts on the FB page. So I guess he's taking the apology back after watching Erin's second video?

Also this post by "Ed Young" to Eric:

Eric's response:

:facepalm:
What is it with overly-sensitive people being the ones who complain loudest about the sensitivity of others? Is it a mental illness? EA really comes across as someone who has not matured mentally. His responses are what I would expect from a petulant teenager.

Tell

At this point the thing I find the saddest is what Erin says in the last few minutes of his latest video.
"IM DONE" and that he will never discuss Tekton or their products with anyone ever again. :mad:
So one of the bright lights of objective/subjective audio reviews has been silenced using threats of legal action,
which really boils down to what I see as financial extortion. A damn shame.
I don't see it that way, I see it as Eric has silenced himself by getting less reviews of his products, while at the same time getting LOTS of negative feedback about him and his company. All this he rightfully deserves from his extremely bad and stupid behaviour.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
So, he drives a Fiat?

Company car too! ;)

1713515216959.png

Aww, there's already a Tektone company.

And an Australian Tekton. LOL.

Looks pretty awesome, but does it compare to a ring of tweeters?

1713515692061.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom