• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Merifon

Your first screenshot seems to indicate that your WiiM can be affected as there is a peak of 3rd harmonics possible at 210 Hz.
Those harmonics of 70hz I think are more likely due to the transducers (cone and mike)

morillon

Major Contributor
in our concern not related to the level of wiim but of the file..d or this -1.8 and 3db the difference is that she gets along very well

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Those harmonics of 70hz I think are more likely due to the transducers (cone and mike)
Maybe, but the one I've mentioned is not visible on the second screen. 3rd harmonic was always the most obvious in my measurements when distortions happen.

Merifon

Maybe, but the one I've mentioned is not visible on the second screen. 3rd harmonic was always the most obvious in my measurements when distortions happen.
Yes, I was meaning that 70hz had anyway a certain distortion, in a frequency range less hearable than around 800, where the harmonics are at least -40 dB, not so easy to catch in a room.

morillon

Major Contributor
pour rappel dans mon cas a la mesure, cela ce produit tres brutalement a 0.1db pres de difference de niveau de signal.
mais le dual de onelyoneme est tres significatif et nul besoin de mesure si vous ete concerné par ce souccis
. ..

tres simple...

morillon

Major Contributor
I had not done the tests
but or on the analog output, lowering the variable output level a little makes the problem disappear.
and is not linked to the "2v 1v 800mv 500mv" ...works well in the digital field.. upstream..
the same in toslink!!!

thank you merifon for having observed it because at least I will be able to use my wiim in this way!
analog output by barely lowering the level! or toslink to!
already that...

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
I had not done the tests
but or on the analog output, lowering the variable output level a little makes the problem disappear.
and is not linked to the "2v 1v 800mv 500mv" ...works well in the digital field.. upstream..

thank you merifon for having observed it because at least I will be able to use my wiim in this way!
analog output by barely lowering the level!
already that...
It should help as well on toslink if you lower the volume of WiiM. I've seen such improvement.

You've missed this post:

morillon

Major Contributor
yes:facepalm:
I'm tired because of the language barrier.
i spent a lot of time on this
without checking this point "via variable output"...
stupid that I am..
the problem remains unclear..
and not bit perfect ..
but manageable in the meantime..

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
yes:facepalm:
i spent a lot of time on this
without checking this point "via variable output"...
stupid that I am..
the problem remains unclear..
but manageable in the meantime..
Yes, it's the only workaround working so far. Of course you loose "bit perfectness" for all signal levels.

morillon

Major Contributor
the situation becomes much easier to describe to wiim in any case...
and for at least the radio in aac etc, it can help me in the meantime...

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Four users reported distortions issue and two users reported no such issue so far if I counted correctly.

morillon

Major Contributor
there must have been a bug in some cases shifting the 0dbfs when trying to tinker with saturation issues in eq modes...which also affects no eq mode

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
there must have been a bug in some cases shifting the 0dbfs when trying to tinker with saturation issues in eq modes...which also affects no eq mode
That's why I suspect this
"Fixed - EQ clipping when using the fixed volume option or playing music in high volume"

Testing on 430138 will give an answer.

morillon

Major Contributor
That's why I suspect this
"Fixed - EQ clipping when using the fixed volume option or playing music in high volume"

Testing on 430138 will give an answer.
I also pointed it out a while ago... ;-)
(and I had pointed to wiim the soucci in eq mode from the end of spring ... but I was not concerned .... so I had not followed..)
but i just use with no variable output all the time..and a dac
(Perhaps.. the rme machine supports this shift without any problem at +1dbfs.. and no other machines????)
(
I repeat..
I have no explanation..
just observations that I try to be a little rigorous to be effective)
sorry to have remained focused on the measurements, in my case "without variable level", on the fact that before ok and now "no"

Last edited:

Merifon

It could even be a problem with some dac.
In the DO100 archimago tests is reported: "Note that all of the filters showed intersample overload with the 0dBFS Wideband White Noise signal. This basically means that the filters do not provide a full +3dB overhead to cover most of the overload situations we might run into".
Who says? I should buy an RME ADI-2...

morillon

Major Contributor
pas lié au dac fondamentalement dans mon cas..mais a la wiim..,
j avais aucun souccis avec la wiim et mes dacs jusqu a reçament.
d ailleur etais aussi le cas en sortie analogique de la wiim...souccis recent
mes conditions d ecoutes et de mesures n ont pas changées
pas de risque que je change mes dacs etc pour la petite wiim..d autant que 9mois plus tard, je n ai pas deezer hifi, qui étais la raison de son achat
hihi
;-)

Last edited:

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
It could even be a problem with some dac.
In the DO100 archimago tests is reported: "Note that all of the filters showed intersample overload with the 0dBFS Wideband White Noise signal. This basically means that the filters do not provide a full +3dB overhead to cover most of the overload situations we might run into".
Who says? I should buy an RME ADI-2...
Distortion range goes down to -1.1 dBFS for sine and it happens as well on WiiM's analog output. Sound level is also attenuated by -1 dBFS for sine in the clipping area. I cannot see such behavior on any other of my equipment. I doubt it can be external DAC related.

Top Bottom