• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 94 20.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 353 76.1%

• Total voters

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Where is this located on FB? I don't see it.

1713547550057.png

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@avdoc
Don’t know if it’s something limited to specific group!
But follow the kickstarter and available discounts should be there.

Sputnik

Does anybody know if they ship from a EU warehouse (to EU buyers) for the Kickstarter?

billymac

I'm sorry to pile on, but I'm traveling tomorrow 4/20, day of launch. Does anybody know what time (and what time zone) this launch goes live? I have a feeling discounts, possibly first run will sell through and I'd at least like to have a shot at picking up a pair. Again, apologies, but my first time acquiring this way.

PeterNL

I'm sorry to pile on, but I'm traveling tomorrow 4/20, day of launch. Does anybody know what time (and what time zone) this launch goes live? I have a feeling discounts, possibly first run will sell through and I'd at least like to have a shot at picking up a pair. Again, apologies, but my first time acquiring this way.
April 20th 8AM PDT
April 20th 11AM EDT
April 20th 5PM CEST
April 21th 1AM AEDT

EddNog

i don't get it, isn't 20.04 started like half an hour ago?
Depends on where. As of this post, it’s 6:35am on 4/20 in China, and 6:35pm on 4/19 in New Jersey.

-Ed

Cal_Cobra

FWIW, those times don't correlate with the countdown timer in the emails they sent out.
The countdown timer in my email will hit zero at 6pm PDT.
Odd I never received an email from them. I signed up on their google form early bird entry and it said I was accepted, but no email(s) followed. I'll keep an eye out tomorrow and see what happens.

EddNog

I have this PSU, is there really any benefit to the GaN aspect?
Probably not sonically, but it may run less hot since it is probably more efficient.

-Ed

Cal_Cobra

1713568805211.png

Fosi posted their Kickstarter campaign stretch goal rewards, including a possible MUSE opamp upgrade o_O

They must be planning to make a fair amount of these to offer a $300,000 stretch goal.

Cgs0409

Question….i see the V3 mono amps have XLR connections but do any of the Fosi preamps have XLR connections? I was hoping to get a pair and mate them to a P3 preamp but the P3 doesn’t have XLR connections. So what is the point of offering an amp with the connections and not having a preamp that offers that connection. I was hoping that Fosi would update the P3 to include more RCA inputs and include XLR connections.

EddNog

Question….i see the V3 mono amps have XLR connections but do any of the Fosi preamps have XLR connections? I was hoping to get a pair and mate them to a P3 preamp but the P3 doesn’t have XLR connections. So what is the point of offering an amp with the connections and not having a preamp that offers that connection. I was hoping that Fosi would update the P3 to include more RCA inputs and include XLR connections.
There are rumors of an upcoming ZD3 DAC/preamp with balanced outputs.

-Ed

Kimbrough Xu

Here is an answer.
1713589299705.png

Top Bottom