• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 215 49.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 175 40.0%

• Total voters

NZnoob

If you check the measured specs in the review you'll see the v3 needs the 48v power supply to even hit 141w max power per channel with both channels driven into 4 ohms. You would be fine using the v3 with the 48v power supply and those speakers. The 300w x2 is just marketing hype idk what they even base that on maybe the chip manufacturer specs.
Thanks! That makes sense :)

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Does this mean it’s a good idea to put a Fosi between the AVR and speakers or not? Sorry, I’m about 3 days post thinking sound bars were peak audio, I know almost nothing about this topic (but trying to learn)!
Simple answer is - It’s totally safe for you to use Fosi v3 with DBR62

DC4582

Does this mean it’s a good idea to put a Fosi between the AVR and speakers or not? Sorry, I’m about 3 days post thinking sound bars were peak audio, I know almost nothing about this topic (but trying to learn)!
You need a line level input into the fosi - it takes standard left and right RCA cables. If i was getting something for a TV setup right now i would probably just get a wiim amp tbh.

Dogamondo

Hi guys,

Noob question - I have a 50W @4 bass shaker that I am going to run from one of the channels of the Fosi v3 (with 48v power supply). The other channel will be running a 500W @4 shaker (so no issues blowing that one up at full power).

I'm trying to figure out how high I can set the software gain on the 50W channel without blowing up the shaker. Unfortunately I can't just plug it in like a normal speaker and turn the volume up until it starts to distort as I have no idea at what point the shaker is getting too much power.

The shaker is rated at 50W RMS and 100W "Max".

From what I understand, with the 48v power supply I'm getting a max (peak) of about 140W per channel from the Fosi. So would I be safe running the 50W shaker at about 60-70%? Ideally I'd like to run it as loud as I can safely get away with.

Thanks!

doug s.

Hi guys,

Noob question - I have a 50W @4 bass shaker that I am going to run from one of the channels of the Fosi v3 (with 48v power supply). The other channel will be running a 500W @4 shaker (so no issues blowing that one up at full power).

I'm trying to figure out how high I can set the software gain on the 50W channel without blowing up the shaker. Unfortunately I can't just plug it in like a normal speaker and turn the volume up until it starts to distort as I have no idea at what point the shaker is getting too much power.

The shaker is rated at 50W RMS and 100W "Max".

From what I understand, with the 48v power supply I'm getting a max (peak) of about 140W per channel from the Fosi. So would I be safe running the 50W shaker at about 60-70%? Ideally I'd like to run it as loud as I can safely get away with.

Thanks!
here's a quote from another forum, re: the 3255 ti chip in the v3:
"From TI's curves, it looks like the power output spec at 4 ohms, 1% THD and in stereo mode is 225 RMS watts per channel. This requires an 11 amp, 48 v power supply. Try the Fosi V3 or Aiyima A07 with a very high dissipation dummy load and you will see that kind of output. You will also need an oscilloscope, an audio signal generator and true RMS voltmeter."
(audioholics)

so, considering peak power w/the hi-amp p/s is 300wpc, that would equate to ~100wrms w/48v p/s if its peak is power rating is 140wpc. so, just plan on buying another 500w@4 ohm shaker when you blow up the smaller shaker.

maybe you won't blow up the small guy. (not sure how you'd measure the power the shaker is seeing, but i'd restrict the amp's output to 50% to be safe, if not able to measure.) but why would you want to do this anyway - restrict the larger shaker to 60-70% power?

doug s.

Dogamondo

here's a quote from another forum, re: the 3255 ti chip in the v3:
"From TI's curves, it looks like the power output spec at 4 ohms, 1% THD and in stereo mode is 225 RMS watts per channel. This requires an 11 amp, 48 v power supply. Try the Fosi V3 or Aiyima A07 with a very high dissipation dummy load and you will see that kind of output. You will also need an oscilloscope, an audio signal generator and true RMS voltmeter."
(audioholics)

so, considering peak power w/the hi-amp p/s is 300wpc, that would equate to ~100wrms w/48v p/s if its peak is power rating is 140wpc. so, just plan on buying another 500w@4 ohm shaker when you blow up the smaller shaker.

maybe you won't blow up the small guy. (not sure how you'd measure the power the shaker is seeing, but i'd restrict the amp's output to 50% to be safe, if not able to measure.) but why would you want to do this anyway - restrict the larger shaker to 60-70% power?

doug s.
Thanks Doug,

I was planning to run both shakers with the V3's output at 100%. I was then going to use software DSP to hard limit the small guy to about 60% in the hopes that I would not blow it up.

I've been messing around with it tonight using the stock 36V supply and have managed not to destroy the small shaker with the V3 knob at around 3 o'clock. I'm set to receive the 48V tomorrow so that'll be a different ball game!

doug s.

Thanks Doug,

I was planning to run both shakers with the V3's output at 100%. I was then going to use software DSP to hard limit the small guy to about 60% in the hopes that I would not blow it up.

I've been messing around with it tonight using the stock 36V supply and have managed not to destroy the small shaker with the V3 knob at around 3 o'clock. I'm set to receive the 48V tomorrow so that'll be a different ball game!
if you can limit the one channel of the v3 w/o limiting the other, you should be ok. but figuring out a way to measure the reduction would be best.

doug s.

gasolin75

Mono amp available april 20th

2024-04-01 12_32_54-Mail – Michael larsen – Outlook – Google Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie87

Quick question, would it be better to have the volume control in Windows 11 set to 100% and then control the volume through the Fosi V3 amp, or can I just leave the amp at maximum volume and control it through Windows?

mike70

this makes no sense, it looks like ZA3 without volume knob, and will most likelly cost same money as ZA3.
btw, I have a spare V3 with 48V if anyone is looking for one, as I got ZA3 for my HT setup.

Have all the sense, because is the first Fosi amplifier with PFFB and as pure power amp, without volume control.

Otovo

Thank you all for your enthusiastic attention and your dedication, which has touched us. Due to the traditional Chinese festival of Dragon Boat Festival in the past few days, we were unable to interact with everyone on the forum regarding this issue in a timely manner. We ask for your understanding.

As a company, we deeply understand the importance of integrity, so we would like to explain the issue regarding the op-amp. Our NE5532 op-amps were directly purchased from TI's official website. We have retrieved the purchase order records and attached a screenshot of the order. Please be aware that certain confidential information has been blurred for security reasons. We hope this serves as proof that we are using genuine components.

We are also curious about why the NE5532 op-amps we use may appear different from what you have in hand. Therefore, we have sent an email to contact TI to seek an official explanation. Once we receive a response from them, we will promptly share relevant screenshots to inform everyone.

We encourage everyone to continue monitoring our products and work. If you notice anything suspicious, please feel free to raise it to us. We will make every effort to communicate with you and address any concerns you may have.

View attachment 294768
This is top notch product ownership!

G-Can

Have all the sense, because is the first Fosi amplifier with PFFB and as pure power amp, without volume control.

what does PFFB mean, what are actual benefits? Compared to regular ZA3?
Im fed up with Fosi bringing new product every 3 months, and everytime its something that would work better for my use.

Now I think that they will come up with stereo power amp as well, or 3ch amp which again would be better in my case then a bunch of these monos.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
what does PFFB mean, what are actual benefits? Compared to regular ZA3?
Post-Filter FeedBack - in general it offers improved noise and distortion performance, and reduced load sensitivity, than when not using it on the same amp. See TI's application note for some comparisons.

doug s.

Quick question, would it be better to have the volume control in Windows 11 set to 100% and then control the volume through the Fosi V3 amp, or can I just leave the amp at maximum volume and control it through Windows?
having the volume pot at 100% effectively takes it out of the circuit. yes, you still have the wiring there, but the pot itself is at its least interference if it's wide open. so, i'd leave the windows setting at 100%, as i'd think its quality is not as good as what's in the fosi.

doug s.

G-Can

Post-Filter FeedBack - in general it offers improved noise and distortion performance, and reduced load sensitivity, than when not using it on the same amp. See TI's application note for some comparisons.

yeah, i read about it later. but V3 is great as it is, dont see where is this PFFB noticeable in general use. Is there an actual audible difference to sound output, or this is just spec war.

Top Bottom