• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 20.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 353 75.8%

• Total voters

amix

Why two 48/10a… Can you help with this???
A supply for each amp
I payed approx. 311€.

If you can't see the perk (it's pretty much at the bottom), then they're all gone. Though, they typically show the exhausted perks as well with "0 left".

Last edited:

raceskier

Forum Donor
Got up too late. The 2 X V3, 48V/5A PS combo slots are filled. Had to get a single 10A PS.

surroundman

Am I the only one who is concerned about the recent Fosi marketing campaigns that are all about kickstarters and pre-orders? Along with all these "it sounds great!" reviewers consistently getting free samples for their "unbiased opinions", I see nothing but nasty FOMO practices becoming the new normal. Fosi is using ASR reviews and logo in the kickstarter pages and on their website. If none of us here raises caution, then we are contributing to the pre-order nonsense. Look at what FOMO did to the gaming world.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Am I the only one who is concerned about the recent Fosi marketing campaigns that are all about kickstarters and pre-orders? Along with all these "it sounds great!" reviewers consistently getting free samples for their "unbiased opinions", I see nothing but nasty FOMO practices becoming the new normal. Fosi is using ASR reviews and logo in the kickstarter pages and on their website. If none of us here raises caution, then we are contributing to the pre-order nonsense. Look at what FOMO did to the gaming world.
I'd be worried if pages like ASR didn't get access to the unit. Nobody has to pre-order this without objectively knowing its performance. Edit: OK, we don't know how the frequency response is in the final unit as this is not what Amir could measure..

And whilst I myself got into the hype I still resisted and didn't order, cos I actually don't need it.

Yoiink

Are there no details on those "SP601" speakers that are in one of the available rewards? I can only find a couple YouTube videos, but not really any specifications on them.

olieb

I wonder whether they did ask permission for this.
(From Fosi's Kickstarter page right now)
1713629874766.png

Last edited:

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

You will notice a disclaimer when you make your donation on Kickstarter that you may not actually receive any product. Fosi doesn't seem to have the ability to develop product with their own funds? It's a funding drug they have gotten use too.

EddNog

You will notice a disclaimer when you make your donation on Kickstarter that you may not actually receive any product. Fosi doesn't seem to have the ability to develop product with their own funds? It's a funding drug they have gotten use too.
This is a perfectly common way to raise capital nowadays, especially for small to medium businesses. I’ve gotten in on a good number of crowdfunded launches and the only ones I’ve ever failed to receive rewards are first-ever-products for new companies. Companies with multiple past products that launched successfully have never failed me.

-Ed

Mr_RGB

I am a little nervous about the auto-off function that can't be disabled. I have several Dayton AMPs with auto-off based on input signal strength. I had problems with them not turning on for very quiet audio input, had to turn up volume to get them to switch on. The Dayton amps allow you to turn off the auto-off function.

SMen

I am a little nervous about the auto-off function that can't be disabled. I have several Dayton AMPs with auto-off based on input signal strength. I had problems with them not turning on for very quiet audio input, had to turn up volume to get them to switch on. The Dayton amps allow you to turn off the auto-off function.
The auto-off function is the middle option. The other two are always on, and off.

EddNog

These amps have three settings: On, Auto, and Off. just use On.

-Ed

billymac

I understand your concern, but imo it’s good marketing from a small business trying to disrupt a market. Agree with other comments above in that who cares as long as it works as advertised.

Last edited:

amix

Measurements aside, can you honestly (=blindly) hear a difference?

Via. YouTube? Probably not.

Alpha Audio, however, also on YouTube, are having very good recordings, and I can hear the differences in amplifiers via wireless earbuds for 30€, using my Nvidia ShieldTV as Bluetooth source.
But this kind of demos will always be limited.

Fosi doesn't seem to have the ability to develop product with their own funds?
It’s pretty clear that the development was largely (perhaps entirely?) complete before the Kickstarter went live. Leaving aside the question of whether the Kickstarter is a positive or negative, at the very least there’s no evidence that it’s a prerequisite for product development.

Last edited:

EddNog

Perhaps you haven’t read the beginning of the thread, but it’s pretty clear that the development was largely (perhaps entirely?) complete before the Kickstarter went live. Leaving aside the question of whether the Kickstarter is a positive or negative, at the very least there’s no evidence that it’s a prerequisite for product development.
Research & development is one cost, but manufacturing is another cost. The crowdfunding campaign may not be to cover the R&D, but it certain plays a part in covering the manufacturing of the first batch.

-Ed

Top Bottom