• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Illtrick

Does anyone know what changed with the firmware update? Mine just updated to 1.3.6 The Neumann site doesn't make it readily apparent. My hope is they fixed the finicky standby but I suspect that's a lower level hardware issue. (I had to manually update the MA 1 software to get the update)

Illtrick

YMMV. but I heard a calibrated KH120 II at a pro audio store and it didn't particularly impressed me. Another ASR member who ultimately bought his iLoud Precision 6 also shared the same view.

Oluv from YT also did a binaural recording video on the KH80 versus the ILoud MMs, and many still preferred the much cheaper iLouds.

I had the MTM's before the KH80''s. Bottom line they began distorting way before the KH80's. I unfortunately didn't have them at the same time so can't give an A/B subjective on sound quality but the MTM's didn't have anywhere near the headroom before they got sloppy.

Top Bottom