• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SylphAudio's High-Performance Amplifier Modules (2024 and Beyond)

MCH

Major Contributor
If you call such a power supply a "humble", then what is a non-humble power supply?
The ones that cost 4x more and claim all sorts of audiophile rubbish marketing vs a standard line of industrial PSU.
I believe it is clear enough.

Even Meanwell themselves agree:
Screenshot_20240321-104531.png

daniboun

Major Contributor
The ones that cost 4x more and claim all sorts of audiophile rubbish marketing vs a standard line of industrial PSU.
I believe it is clear enough.

Even Meanwell themselves agree:
View attachment 358114

This makes sense) In DIY projects, we often forget to mention the compactness criterion and this is often what we are looking for in a PSU. The LRS series is reliable but complicated to integrate into a medium and small sized case.
This is why, for equal or even better quality, the Connex SMPS 600RS and 800RS PSUs are a better compromise.

EX :
LRS 350/36 Dimensions : 21.59 x 11.43 x 3cm
Connex SMPS 600RS Dimensions : 10x10x3,8cm

Davide

@SylphAudio
Out of curiosity, what will be the approximate price range of the FBUltra?

OP
SylphAudio

SylphAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
This makes sense) In DIY projects, we often forget to mention the compactness criterion and this is often what we are looking for in a PSU. The LRS series is reliable but complicated to integrate into a medium and small sized case.
This is why, for equal or even better quality, the Connex SMPS 600RS and 800RS PSUs are a better compromise.

EX :
LRS 350/36 Dimensions : 21.59 x 11.43 x 3cm
Connex SMPS 600RS Dimensions : 10x10x3,8cm
Mornsun LOF550-xx-xx is a good alternative if you want a smaller profile, high power SMPS

daniboun

Major Contributor
Mornsun LOF550-xx-xx is a good alternative if you want a smaller profile, high power SMPS

I agree )

BTW > did you receive your Cosmos Scaler to update measurments ?

S=klogW

Hi any update here ?
Hi Daniboun, I found this thread and was reading it with interest, but by March 20th I was thinking: 'why is everything moving so slowly?' - it takes me and everyone else 5 minutes to measure an amp's thd+n at 5 watts, 4ohms, not maybe in 2 to 3 weeks. Then I see your April 7th update request went unanswered. Do you think that the endeavour to get a definitive measurement by Amir of the FB-100 is now not happening? I was hoping that this would bring another supplier into the marketplace to help supply when 3eAudio is struggling to satisfy market demand. I see on the website that no thd+n specs are posted to back up the "remarkably low distortion and minimal noise output. Its IMD, high-frequency distortion, and other metrics stand out as best in class.", not even a 'thd+n better than 100dB at 5watts, 4ohms' place marker is in the "specs". I find it hard to see how one can justify a best in class metrics declaration this early when there is no definitive measurement to back up the assertion.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi Daniboun, I found this thread and was reading it with interest, but by March 20th I was thinking: 'why is everything moving so slowly?' - it takes me and everyone else 5 minutes to measure an amp's thd+n at 5 watts, 4ohms, not maybe in 2 to 3 weeks. Then I see your April 7th update request went unanswered. Do you think that the endeavour to get a definitive measurement by Amir of the FB-100 is now not happening? I was hoping that this would bring another supplier into the marketplace to help supply when 3eAudio is struggling to satisfy market demand. I see on the website that no thd+n specs are posted to back up the "remarkably low distortion and minimal noise output. Its IMD, high-frequency distortion, and other metrics stand out as best in class.", not even a 'thd+n better than 100dB at 5watts, 4ohms' place marker is in the "specs". I find it hard to see how one can justify a best in class metrics declaration this early when there is no definitive measurement to back up the assertion.

The only measures that have been made at the moment are the one that I shared here via Cosmos ADC (by @SylphAudio ) check here :

I originally wanted to ship my ASH-400 amp (Sylph Audio FB100) to my friend @docjordan to get APx555 measurements but I ultimately decided to measure my Bamboo V2 project on a 3E Audio Rev B base

S=klogW

The only measures that have been made at the moment are the one that I shared here via Cosmos ADC (by @SylphAudio ) check here :

I originally wanted to ship my ASH-400 amp (Sylph Audio FB100) to my friend @docjordan to get APx555 measurements but I ultimately decided to measure my Bamboo V2 project on a 3E Audio Rev B base
So I guess it's very expensive to buy test time on the APx555. I would consider buying his testing service though if I make something really worthy.

daniboun

Major Contributor
So I guess it's very expensive to buy test time on the APx555. I would consider buying his testing service though if I make something really worthy.

I consider this to be an enriching experience and therefore truly worthy in my opinion) Costly of course but full of lessons)

Top Bottom