• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I doubt ASR will cause his company much disruption. There's a ton of noise on AR and plenty of people that bash ASR pretty constantly on other forums for whatever reasons.
If I were Eric I'd be somewhat concerned about sales. If he's relying on Google traffic, he now has to contend with a lot of the search results for his speakers (not just on ASR, it's gone off on Youtube and in Audioholics) being one long discussion about what an A-hole the owner is and how nobody wants to buy the speakers anymore.

Given that tekton speakers are maybe good, not great, and there are plenty of alternatives - I would not expect sales to go up.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
depriving me of measurements and reviews from all tekton products in the future.
I am not a lawyer but I think standing and damages are a little harder to establish than this. I don't think you're wrong about that but my hunch is it would not pass muster with a judge. I could be wrong.

As consumers we would argue that all of us should have a right to receive independent reviews and reviewers should have a right to give it.
Yes, agree, but I don't think you can prove you've had $X worth of loss due to this, so it would be hard to make the case.

Selkirks

Seems like he's now commenting under the new review as Mark and Dave from Utah (I'm pretty sure they are his local friends from Utah)

View attachment 363337

The above was either written by Eric or the poster is part of a Tekton cult up in the mountains of Utah worshipping at Trypophobia inducing tweeter array altars.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm actually not sure - if airflow was actually supersonic in a small tube, what WOULD it sound like?

Consider, if you will, the sound of a small gun firing a small blank shell...

Supersonic implies a shock wave someplace in the experiment to me. Bang.

poxymoron

This. Is. An. Absolute. Shit. Show.
By any standards. Is this Eric guy a real person? If so, should we contact him and let him know that an AI has gone rogue and is making him look like a right prick? This cannot be real, can it?

Easternlethal

Forum Donor
Yes, agree, but I don't think you can prove you've had $X worth of loss due to this, so it would be hard to make the case.
It’s not really about money because this is a publc interest argument.

Nobody loses money either if we don’t have free speech but the courts have decided that each of us has this right

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s not really about money because this is a publc interest argument.

Nobody loses money either if we don’t have free speech but the courts have decided that each of us has this right
In the US there is very little legal ground to argue that a private entity has infringed your freedom of speech. I'm not saying those arguments aren't being made, (various people suing facebook, for example) but for anyone other than the reviewer themselves to come after tekton... it would be very unusual to say the least.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Consider, if you will, the sound of a small gun firing a small blank shell...

Supersonic implies a shock wave someplace in the experiment to me. Bang.
That's what I was thinking. But then he's also saying there's OSCILLATING supersonic air at audio frequencies. So I think it would be absolutely deafening. Oh well, anyway... trying to make sense of this guy is like trying to push cooked spaghetti through a keyhole.

ampguy

84 pages. Anyone else here actually bought and own a pair of mini lores?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

I saw something about them on the internet.

Bryguy

If I had to guess, prices for these on the used market will (if they haven't already) drop substantially. So, any one of us could probably snap up a pair on the cheap if they were so inclined

Easternlethal

Forum Donor
In the US there is very little legal ground to argue that a private entity has infringed your freedom of speech.
He did not infringe my freedom speech. He infringed Erin and Amir’s right which deprives me of information as a member of the public.

Imagine this were a newspaper or channel which gets sued all because they posted a bad review. Not only that but the manufacturer actually forces the editor to publish a mea culpa saying something he doesn’t believe (which is what eric tried to get erin to do).

Local state attorneys have and can also bring similar actions.

Top Bottom