• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
mir probably won't touch one with a stick neither in the future, understandably.
Oh, I am happy to test them if members send them in.

Sokel

Master Contributor
The sad thing would be the speaker to deliver and the only thing stopping people from buying it would be company's attitude.
I wouldn't if I lived in US for once.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The sad thing would be the speaker to deliver and the only thing stopping people from buying it would be company's attitude.
Well, that should be the only thing stopping people from buying the thing. I don’t see a problem here…

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Historically Amir has contacted the manufacturer if it was the manufacturer who sent in the product . To discuss the results beforehand.

If any member sent in a product he has not contacted the manufacturer . Why should he ? We can send any old discontinued stuff :) or newly bought stuff . Or out of warranty stuff ? etc etc .
Yep, there is no reason to contact the manufacturer in such case. Amir is just reporting and giving his opinion.
The thing is, in this particular case Amir got a lot of grief and hassle which he doesn't with any other manufacturers, at least not as much or 'formal'.
Glad to read that Amir isn't scared nor unwilling to measure/review more Tektons. These speakers do seem to do things differently but there is no actual data about those designs.

Secretly I hope people sent in Tekton speakers to be reviewed and Amir measures them an gives his opinion. In any case when Eric blows a fuse there will be long threads again...

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
Well, that should be the only thing stopping people from buying the thing. I don’t see a problem here…
I do,I consider it a loss for both sides,company loosing a client and client loosing a speaker who may suit him for the dumbest reason in existence: ego.
A decent company is about numbers,not egos.And a decent company shouldn't not tie with it's people's attitudes,even if that person is the owner.

Audio is about the client who must feel like king,not company's owner :facepalm:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Audio is about the client who must feel like king
In some cases people rather wish they did not know how poor something (technically) performs when they sent their devices in for review. These folks probably won't feel like a king :D

Sokel

Master Contributor
In some cases people rather wish they did not know how poor something (technically) performs when they sent their devices in for review. These folks probably won't feel like a king :D
Performance is one part of the long "feeling like a king" equation.
Support,looks,reselling value (as a lot of the hobby is about swapping stuff),ease of interaction with the company,etc are some the rest.

I agree though,false claims about performance don't help.Imagine getting a Halcro Eclipse for it's (measured) performance only and then find out it does not deliver :facepalm:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I do,I consider it a loss for both sides,company loosing a client and client loosing a speaker who may suit him for the dumbest reason in existence: ego.
A decent company is about numbers,not egos.And a decent company shouldn't not tie with it's people's attitudes,even if that person is the owner.
I see your point, but it's not my problem, it's Erics..

Ageve

I have a feeling it will end like this:

IMG_2238.jpeg

Tell

But why? In best case scenario it will measure good and Eric won't have any complaints which will just give him good publicity and good measurements he can lean on to sell his speakers, do you really want to give him that? And in worst case scenario he will have lots of complaints, actually sending lawyers on you etc giving you more headace than now. Of course you do whatever you want to do, but I don't understand at all why you would ever want to have anything more to do with Tekton ever again after this. So I'm just curious to your thinking behind this? :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
But why? In best case scenario it will measure good and Eric won't have any complaints which will just give him good publicity and good measurements he can lean on to sell his speakers, do you really want to give him that?
I don't care about Eric one way or the other. If someone owns one of his speakers and wants to know how it performs, I will do that. No different than testing anything else. If it tests well, then it deserves the positive comments from me. And if it doesn't, the same thing.

And in worst case scenario he will have lots of complaints, actually sending lawyers on you etc giving you more headace than now.
I have a lot more experience with him now. So next time will be easier.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Secretly I hope people sent in Tekton speakers to be reviewed and Amir measures them an gives his opinion. In any case when Eric blows a fuse there will be long threads again...

When people on ASR are getting tired of yet another DAC review, spice things up with a Tektone review! Makes a change from PS Audio hitpieces... ;) (kidding)

Tell

I don't care about Eric one way or the other. If someone owns one of his speakers and wants to know how it performs, I will do that. No different than testing anything else. If it tests well, then it deserves the positive comments from me. And if it doesn't, the same thing.

Fair enough! Spoken like a true objectivist ;)

DSJR

Major Contributor
I think we (I) want the best sounding Tekton with the tweeter array (unique tech) and hope it tests well. Then Amir will say it does and watch what EA does. Erin's tests were not that bad. It just might be that EA hates objective testing. My guess he's a talented seat of the pants designer and has an aversion to scientific analysis. A repost if you missed it.
Thanks for the link - I agree with much of that article, having dealt with certain individuals over the years. There are also properly qualified UK based (one also wrote/writes for Stereophile sometimes) audio gear measurement 'guru's' who in their day, 'bent the truth' to suit the growing subjectivist crowd in the 80's and carried on after.

Sorry to repeat, the M-Lore is really for small starter systems in smaller rooms sited close to the wall behind it and it's the Lore model itself that should really tell what's what I feel with that model concept. In price it can't compete with far eastern made fare, The larger multi-tweeter arrays sure look fancy but I suspect they'd really be best in an 'Amir sized' listening environment (where the M-Lore was rather lost in my opinion).

I can't trust my ears alone any more (if ever I could!) and HAVE to check the measurements, especially of speakers to at the very least, get a flavour of overall tonal balance and in a smaller box, the usual horrendous low bass (sub 80Hz) distortion of over-eq'd models masquerading as 'bass extension.' I had one experience of a smaller active giving me thumpy 'stunt bass' which was horrible!

Last edited:

douede

Do TEKTON act like mobsters ?
Given that virtually all manufacturers and producers accept tests, analyses, opinions... (cars, TVs, smartphones..., food...), those who refuse to do so (=threat) are acting like mafiosi.
That's all there is to it !

olieb

If someone owns one of his speakers and wants to know how it performs, I will do that. No different than testing anything else.
I admire this attitude.

Top Bottom