• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Music1969

Major Contributor
No release notes with this one

1663773779296.png

Stereoguy

Hi: Any update on the pro version release date Oct or Nov. perhaps?.....very interested in one!!!Thanks!!

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Looks like the WiiM Pro has been WiFi certified, as of a couple days ago.

The Mini was certified almost a year ago - how long after cert did hit the street?

EDIT: The Mini hit Amazon two days after certification. Buckle up, kids!

Oddly, no sign of it on the FCC site.

Last edited:

Brantome

Major Contributor

The Mini was certified almost a year ago - how long after cert did hit the street?

Amazon's annual Devices event is a week today, 28/9. They haven't announced partner devices before but who knows... ;)

onlyoneme

Major Contributor

Only WiFi Alliance cert so far. I hope FCC is in progress.

But... also something more :)

1663795114954.png

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Wiim mini shows up amazon September 26 and could be same. Will you buy it right away or wait to go on sale?

diggida

Hey all...I asked this awhile back but was wondering if anyone had any thoughs.

I have a projector for movies and am trying to figure out a way to get the audio from the projector to the WiiM. I use a chrome cast to send video to the projector and typically use Netflix or whatever on my iPhone to set up the stream. I’ve tried to figure out if I can send video to one destination and audio to any other, but so far no dice. Would a second WiiM on the projector solve this problem? I’ve looked a bit at other Bluetooth transmitters to hook up to the analog out of the projector, which might work, but Im concerned about latency. Will 2 Wiims do airplay to each other?

Thanks!

Top Bottom