• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
iOS WiiM app just updated. Finally get Tidal HiFi quality setting with HiFi subscription. Plays at HiFi (FLAC) level now. Yay!

E78DB443-26E2-4D33-9500-0DC6EB194AC0.jpeg

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
New iOS app also provides ability to name "Open Network Stream" items. Still no artist/album/title metadata, but bit depth / sample rate are provided.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Since they just update the wiim apps, is the update for May 20 got push back?
The May 20th should be a firmware update primarily, though some things will require another app update.

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
I’m wondering if they really follow what they say on their website update under what’s new.
Those are just target dates. If you've ever done software production, you will know that they're "flexible". ;) Stuff happens. Always.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Look like next update will be end of month no Amazon UHD yet.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Amazon UHD update is a firmware update scheduled to come in a couple days (beta).

Per website, not scheduled for today.

Looking forward to everyone testing it this weekend !

morillon

Major Contributor
one day after new firmware...new app
in "menu"device ..new status light...in menu wifi-status.."snr" and "tx rate"

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
Oye Como Va is a better song by Santana !
Oye cono va is not Santana's but from great Tito Puente
In any case i think he was referring to Satanás, slightly different character :D

morillon

Major Contributor
New iOS app also provides ability to name "Open Network Stream" items. Still no artist/album/title metadata, but bit depth / sample rate are provided.
in my case ... was already present before the latest firmware and new wiim application ...

Brantome

Major Contributor
Those are just target dates. If you've ever done software production, you will know that they're "flexible". ;) Stuff happens. Always.
While I concur, there are going to be a lot of disappointed AMHD users if they don’t see something this weekend, and having just released both a firmware and app update, I don’t see WiiM doing the same again in a day or so’s time :(

D

Deleted member 47859

I would like to see a working Deezer implementation before adding new features. Just checked again with the latest firmware and iOS app after resetting the WiiM Mini. After a while the authorization gets lost and I see content within my library and flow that is not mine + the player info is not showing the correct track when playing my flow. No response to a ticket opened last friday. I‘m thinking about returning the Minis and stay with my LMS based system for now.

Smartplug

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While I concur, there are going to be a lot of disappointed AMHD users if they don’t see something this weekend, and having just released both a firmware and app update, I don’t see WiiM doing the same again in a day or so’s time :(
I agree. It may have been push back till end of month.

AKR

So the Spotify sample rate and bit depth (16/44.1) is now shown in the WiiM App but nothing about the Bit Rate which is supposed to be 320 kbps with Spotify connect? The next question shows my ignorance with some of this but can a file with a low bit rate , say 128 kbps still have a sample rate of 16 and bit depth of 44.1. CD quality is supposed to be 16/44.1 and a bit rate of 1,441kpbs- have I got this right. We know Spotify is not high lossless unlike Apple Music, Tidal, AMHD, Qobuz. So if and when the Apple Music Airplay 2 implementation in bit perfect is done by WiiM, will it show the bit rate as well? For Tidal does the WiiM App show the bit rate that confirms its Hi Res.

hunden

Not quite a Chromecast replacement because it has one important component missing to qualify as that - Chromecast. But is gapless so a bonus. It does look good

Top Bottom