• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can any owner please confirm if the latest firmware has Parametric EQ functionality or not?
Nope

Screenshot_2023-06-20-12-30-22-590_com.android.chrome.jpg

DearSX

Great review, thank you! Feeling even better after reading about my purchase.

Love the digital out to my DAC from my TV, with line sensing!

iconoclast

Bought a Pro along with a Mini to do a proof of concept multi-room setup in my house, and it seemed promising (I also have some other LinkPlay devices and they integrated nicely) until I discovered I am unable to use anything above 48 kHz on the optical input on the Pro (just silence). Verified that there's nothing wrong with the cables. I've seen a lot of issues on the internet with crackling but haven't seen anyone running into my problem, so perhaps I got a dud. Waiting to hear back from their support, but for now I'm using 24/48 to finish some more practical tests.

dweeeeb2

Looks like ROON is a go:

"Hi everyone,

We have great news to share with you all. As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. We want to give you all a heads-up since you have eagerly awaited this update."

Brantome

Major Contributor
Looks like ROON is a go:

"Hi everyone,

We have great news to share with you all. As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. We want to give you all a heads-up since you have eagerly awaited this update."
Yeah, I posted that a week ago ;)

Post in thread 'WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...view-measurements-streamer.42300/post-1626074

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Brantome

Major Contributor
I think they are just rubbing it in that all us Anthem owners are still waiting for Roon "coming soon." :p
Yeah, Roon “coming soon” is like Spotify HiFi “coming soon” ;) although that might be sooner going by some reports of Spotify ”Supremium”

nstzya

For $150 (and 30 day Amazon return) how could I NOT pick one up to try out? I have DSP active speakers and use it solely as a Wi-Fi digital transport via dig coax out so can’t comment on the DAC, but as a transport it functions well. Stable, good app, good functionality, good support. ALMOST everything I need. One feature that it lacks - as I use it - is the ability to support an analog subwoofer, since analog and digital outputs are not active at same time. If that could be changed, it could supplant my Bluesound Nodes.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning

DearSX

Bought a Pro along with a Mini to do a proof of concept multi-room setup in my house, and it seemed promising (I also have some other LinkPlay devices and they integrated nicely) until I discovered I am unable to use anything above 48 kHz on the optical input on the Pro (just silence). Verified that there's nothing wrong with the cables. I've seen a lot of issues on the internet with crackling but haven't seen anyone running into my problem, so perhaps I got a dud. Waiting to hear back from their support, but for now I'm using 24/48 to finish some more practical tests.

If you go into the app you can choose the resolution of audio, I think its set to 16 bit 44khz by default, I set it the highest possible and everything seems to work ok.

Joffy1780

If you go into the app you can choose the resolution of audio, I think its set to 16 bit 44khz by default, I set it the highest possible and everything seems to work ok.
These settings are only for the digital output(s).

HCT-5808

I currently use Roon by connecting my DAC to a PC via USB. If I connect a WiiM Pro to my DAC via coax or optical, what is the max bit/sample rate supported? 24/96? Is DSD supported or will Roon have to convert to PCM to send along to the Wiim Pro?

Joffy1780

I currently use Roon by connecting my DAC to a PC via USB. If I connect a WiiM Pro to my DAC via coax or optical, what is the max bit/sample rate supported? 24/96? Is DSD supported or will Roon have to convert to PCM to send along to the Wiim Pro?
Wiim Pro supports up to 24/192 and, yes, Roon will convert DSD to PCM.

ExPerfectionist

What DAC? Some DACs have limitations for file types and bit rates for coax/optical versus USB.

Hegom61

Hi all. I have a wiim mini connected aux to a pair of acrive loudspeakers and a usb disk connected to my router as a nas. I have more than 1000 flac folders, one for album. With other app i can see and play through airplay all my collection, but with wiimi app, i can only browse up to letter ‘J’ folder and it doesnt collect more ….

There is a limit to folders app can recognize? Please help me thankyou

Top Bottom