• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

morillon

Major Contributor
I believe that the developments of amazon hd are well taken into account by wiim and it seems a priority..
so maybe it is not necessary to come back to it constantly now.. :-0
maybe there are other things to dig... to go back to their support...
bugs? technical improvements? more global optimizations etc?
;-)

tsammyc

Tidal Masters over Airplay 2 seem to sound better with the new firmware. Perhaps it’s bitperfect 24/44.1

D

Deleted member 47859

And Deezer is still broken. Support ticket is unanswered since 2,5 weeks. I think I‘ll return my Minis. :(

Owis

Well that's great news then. Have you tested it changes with different resolutions? What streaming service are you using..

morillon

Major Contributor
And Deezer is still broken. Support ticket is unanswered since 2,5 weeks. I think I‘ll return my Minis. :(
me..i can use deezer in flac via app wiim and the last firmware..
no idee about your problem...
:-(

tsammyc

I’m using Tidal. When I play a Masters (MQA) file, of say 24/192 using the Tidal iPhone app, to send it to th WiiM, I have a choice of:

(1) Airplay 2
(2) Tidal Connect (which uses WiiM’s internal Tidal software.

Using Airplay 2, the Tidal app reports that it is using the MQA file. The WiiM app doesn’t report the bitrate or depth. The attached DAC says 44.1 KHz

Using Tidal Connect, the Tidal app reports that it is using the HiFi file. The WiiM app says 16 bit 44.1 KHz

I think Airplay 2 sounds better

D

Deleted member 47859

me..i can use deezer in flac via app wiim and the last firmware..
no idee about your problem...
:-(
Just to make sure:

After logging into Deezer and waiting for a while: Is your library showing your or random content? Is your flow playing your or random content?

Is the player showing the data and cover of the current track when listening to your flow?

Is your flow or some radio station streaming flac?

Music1969

Major Contributor
Well sample rate does matter as Airplay 2 is known to up sample 44.1 to 48

Well all of it is important.

Too many times people think 44.1k is lossless, forgetting mp3 and ogg vorbis and aac are 44.1kHz.

morillon

Major Contributor
:-o
personally, I just use deezer's "search" mode modestly...I find what I need...then...seems in flac, announced "flac" in reading, data and cover...
the aac radios I only use the "open network stream" function..
just some time if i have deconnect i need logout login again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-111015_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-111015_WiiM Home.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20220525-111037_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-111037_WiiM Home.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220525-111136_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-111136_WiiM Home.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
Well that's great news then.
This is not great news - it is incomplete news.

Lossy mp3 and ogg vorbis and aac are 44.1kHz

Using Airplay 2, the Tidal app reports that it is using the MQA file. The WiiM app doesn’t report the bitrate or depth. The attached DAC says 44.1 KHz

Unfortunately this won't work as a test for Airplay 2 being bit perfect or not

D

Deleted member 47859

:-o
personally, I just use deezer's "search" mode modestly...I find what I need...then...seems in flac, announced "flac" in reading, data and cover...
the aac radios I only use the "open network stream" function..
Well, playing a specific album is working for me as well. However I use my flow or radios a lot to discover new music and since the authorization gets lost it's not working personalized (and in flac) which is a bummer.

morillon

Major Contributor
ah
un bug
Je pensais qu'il était "cassé" et que ça ne marchait pas du tout de te lire....
Je n'étais plus le cas après le dernier firmware de la semaine...mais encore parfois le cas...la perte d'identifiant obligeant à se déconnecter et se reconnecter..mais avec l'appli du week-end dernier...encore le cas. .. maintenant avec le firmware d'aujourd'hui, je n'ai plus de recul

D

Deleted member 47859

Well, to loose the authorization and not being able to access my content - I call that broken. ;)

morillon

Major Contributor
after logout loging...that come back?
once the work is done on this damn amazon hd.. maybe they will be able to reinvest in deezer which remains one of the main providers for the general public, "not the audiophile population" tidal qoobuz etc

morillon

Major Contributor
few minutes :-o
that if imagine a bug with the flow, too many things..
with the album it's simple...
app bugs... not really broken for me
;-)
(the "flow" not in flac in my case)

Last edited:
Top Bottom