• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 37 8.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 215 49.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 175 40.0%

• Total voters

totti1965

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question lol. The reason I ask is I don't quite understand everything about how the power supplies affect the sound. I just want good quality sound without distortion. Will the 32V give me good clear sound as long as I keep it low volume?
Hey,
For nearfield stereo you would play very very Loud - even with 1 Watt: Sensitivity is 79.4 dB / Watt an 1 meter. So in stereomode with 2 x 1 Watt you will reach 85.4 dB. This is VERY loud!
With the 34 Watts per channel at 8 Ohm, which the Fosi V3 -32Volt is able to serve, You will get even 15 dB more: each speaker would get 94.4 dB In Stereo a total of 100.4 dB. The Problem is: You will not reach more than 86 clean dB with one of these tiny speakers.
So the 32 V Device is far more than enough!
By the way: The Dayton is fantastic with a little bit of equalizing

Spinorama.org shows us exactly, how to do this (a bit more accurate than the "quick and dirty" Equalizer suggestions of @amirm :
Dayton Audio MK402X
AutomaticEQ (IIR)

Set preamp gain to: -2.9dB.
TypeFreqQGain
LS891.282.93
PK1171.75-1.63
PK1871.85-1.44
PK3912.942.21
PK4781.78-1.85
PK7142.371.85
PK17622.31.6
PK64891.05-2.38
PK126620.82-2.18
Details Download

All in all:
Q: At which level of power -roughly speaking- will the Dayton MK402X became ugly?
Answer: It doesn´t love more than 4 Watts.
Q: Is this loud?
A: Yes, Veeeeeeery loud: In stereo more than 100 dB an 1 Meter.
Q: Are there other speakers, which can play louder?
Answer: Most of the other speakers can play even louder!
Q: Is the dayton MK402X a good speaker?
A: With some equalization it is a very very good speaker for the money!
Q: Which app should I use for my windows computer for equalization?
A: Equalizer APO
Q: Which app should I use for my android?
A: Poweramp!
Q: Which app should I use for my apple Computer?
A: Go f...ck yourself! ;)

What Crinacle tells us for IEM is true also for speakers:
look the youtube video from 1:23 min on!

thw

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The quality / value you can achieve right now is just amazing. $88! Gotta keep the right perspective! I spent more than that on the power supply. :)
On a lighter note:
Many times things seem to be good or even better until you put it against another competent product.
And then to avoid arguments and reasoning, we all agree to disagree.
I have a v3 unit that died with issues caused by power on/off deployment within 3 months.

SMen

On a lighter note:
Many times things seem to be good or even better until you put it against another competent product.
I have a v3 unit that died with issues caused by power on/off deployment within 3 months.
There goes the value / quality argument (your v3 unit)! :facepalm:. Sorry to hear.

So far, and I do not want to tempt fate, I have been lucky with trying out things like the Aiyima A07 and a balanced BRZHifi 3255. But I am going to try the DIY route with a Sylph or 3e Audio ... and then, I hope 'happily' end my TI3255 / 3251 journey! I've been treating these things as disposable, if only to learn more. Warranties and quality control do matter...

Talisman

Forum Donor
On a lighter note:
You are always very enterprising, positive and active in the threads of Aiyima products, which you do not fail to "advertise" and praise, equally in the Fosi thread you do not skimp on criticisms and alleged problems.
I'll be honest, I've been wondering for a while if there's an agenda behind your account

Guddu

You are always very enterprising, positive and active in the threads of Aiyima products, which you do not fail to "advertise" and praise, equally in the Fosi thread you do not skimp on criticisms and alleged problems.
I'll be honest, I've been wondering for a while if there's an agenda behind your account
I'm afraid you felt that way.

Slimer

Hey,
For nearfield stereo you would play very very Loud - even with 1 Watt: Sensitivity is 79.4 dB / Watt an 1 meter. So in stereomode with 2 x 1 Watt you will reach 85.4 dB. This is VERY loud!
With the 34 Watts per channel at 8 Ohm, which the Fosi V3 -32Volt is able to serve, You will get even 15 dB more: each speaker would get 94.4 dB In Stereo a total of 100.4 dB. The Problem is: You will not reach more than 86 clean dB with one of these tiny speakers.
So the 32 V Device is far more than enough!
By the way: The Dayton is fantastic with a little bit of equalizing

Spinorama.org shows us exactly, how to do this (a bit more accurate than the "quick and dirty" Equalizer suggestions of @amirm :
Dayton Audio MK402X
AutomaticEQ (IIR)

TypeFreqQGain
Set preamp gain to: -2.9dB.
LS891.282.93
PK1171.75-1.63
PK1871.85-1.44
PK3912.942.21
PK4781.78-1.85
PK7142.371.85
PK17622.31.6
PK64891.05-2.38
PK126620.82-2.18
Details Download

All in all:
Q: At which level of power -roughly speaking- will the Dayton MK402X became ugly?
Answer: It doesn´t love more than 4 Watts.
Q: Is this loud?
A: Yes, Veeeeeeery loud: In stereo more than 100 dB an 1 Meter.
Q: Are there other speakers, which can play louder?
Answer: Most of the other speakers can play even louder!
Q: Is the dayton MK402X a good speaker?
A: With some equalization it is a very very good speaker for the money!
Q: Which app should I use for my windows computer for equalization?
A: Equalizer APO
Q: Which app should I use for my android?
A: Poweramp!
Q: Which app should I use for my apple Computer?
A: Go f...ck yourself! ;)

What Crinacle tells us for IEM is true also for speakers:
look the youtube video from 1:23 min on!

thw
Thanks that was very helpful. Will have to mess around with them a bit and try all this.

RCL162

You guys must be happy...
FB_IMG_1710376931087.jpg

Last edited:

timiambeing

You misunderstood the meaning, the hype is mine, I've been waiting for this project for a long time, I'm extremely curious to see it and then to see Amir's review
Ah, I’m sorry! Me too! (well not Amir’s review so much, but certainly the comments of actual users and how they like it in their system - not that we must encourage such subjective comparisons of course!! [here I would put a sarcastic smiley, but I can‘t find any on the iPad version so I have to make up text ones :-#]

RCL162

why? if Fosi maintains the budget, 2 monos with high performance at a budget price is a dream :)
Yeap..2 mono for price of ZA3, good price. Will get the 2 V3 mono instead.

Yeah its good..the ZA3 for $150. v3 is$86. Yeap better idea. Haha!

Top Bottom