• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 95 20.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 355 75.9%

• Total voters

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Could be fun to try the amps with a preamp with a streamer

Does fosi audio plna on making a preamp that matches the power amps ? (regardless if it has a built in streamer or not)

Yes, we're making one with XLR balanced and RCA output.

Lednek

What is the power of your surrounds?
They are infinity r152 rated to 125W 6ohm 87 db sensitivity. My dennon is rated at 105wpc(2 channels driven) in a 7.2 setup the side and rear channels have very little happening compared to the fronts and center. With the moniblocks handling the three front speakers, the receiver should have oodles of headroom powering four surrounds, even at painful unsustainably loud levels.

avdoc

Thank you all for your support; we are indeed close to reaching our 300K goal. We have heard your voices and will explore new options for the stretch goal.:)
If I may make a request, if possible could you include 2 OpAmp chips rather than just 1? Thank you.

EddNog

billymac

Assuming you're referring to the ZD3? Anxiously awaiting news/updates on this. Have a couple potential use cases for it, including pairing it with dual V3M's.

@Fosi Audio any hint on when we might hear more about it?

Bleib

Major Contributor
Assuming you're referring to the ZD3? Anxiously awaiting news/updates on this. Have a couple potential use cases for it, including pairing it with dual V3M's.

@Fosi Audio any hint on when we might hear more about it?
They're talking about a pre-amp. And I agree with another person, it needs a remote

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If i had to buy one i would want it with tone controls with tone defeat, 4 inputs (one or two digital in), bt and streaming, for me it would be radio,net,dab radio, mabye fm (don't need a remote, mabye some do)

Price as one fosi audio v3 mono amp 159 euros at audiophonics mabye 450 euros for the 2 amps and the preamp with basic but good streaming

Psinet

What I am really interested in is integrated HPF/LPF/crossover tech from Fosi to drive passive 2.1 systems. For example I currently use the BT30D Pro because it removes the sub output from the main stereo output. For some strange reason the ZA3 and V3 lacked this. But the BT30D Pro is somewhat underpowered and lacks the audio fidelity.

These amazing monoblocks are...well, amazing - and I could integrate 3 of them to run my 2.1 setup (or maybe a ZA3 and one monoblock for the sub). But without some form of HPF/LPF/crossover function, it is unworkable, and I don't really want to buy and integrate an extra dedicated crossover device.

IMHO, DIY passive 2.1 systems are the most affordable way for people to get into full-range high fidelity audio.

billymac

What I am really interested in is integrated HPF/LPF/crossover tech from Fosi to drive passive 2.1 systems. For example I currently use the BT30D Pro because it removes the sub output from the main stereo output. For some strange reason the ZA3 and V3 lacked this. But the BT30D Pro is somewhat underpowered and lacks the audio fidelity.

These amazing monoblocks are...well, amazing - and I could integrate 3 of them to run my 2.1 setup (or maybe a ZA3 and one monoblock for the sub). But without some form of HPF/LPF/crossover function, it is unworkable, and I don't really want to buy and integrate an extra dedicated crossover device.

IMHO, DIY passive 2.1 systems are the most affordable way for people to get into full-range high fidelity audio.
Nope. Prioritize DAC, power, signal, inputs, outputs. Give us 12v trigger and a remote. Bonus for phones and their magic, but unnecessary. Beat the DX3Pro+.

Psinet

Nope. Prioritize DAC, power, signal, inputs, outputs. Give us 12v trigger and a remote. Bonus for phones and their magic, but unnecessary. Beat the DX3Pro+.
DAC? I think you are on the wrong thread. This is an amp.

Also, I am talking about what I want - not what you want. Plus the post got 2 likes in minutes.

Yannick

Considering the major issues I had with trying to get previously owned devices' signal sensing to function properly (e.g. simply not turning on with music playing at what I would consider a reasonable, if not necessarily 'loud', volume), I am firmly in the camp of the 12v Trigger Partisans. I note that none of the reviews I have read or watched of the V3 Mono so much as mention how well the auto sensing works on the amps; I take that to mean either it works well enough not to be an issue, or (the pessimist in me) nobody actually played around with it. Hoping desperately for the former.

gasolin75

smsl makes on the smsl a50 pro but for a passive subwoofer https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/867.html

Last edited:

gasolin75

It would be very interesting to see Fosi make a balanced pre-amp along the lines of the Schiit Freya/Kara, Gustard P26, ...
Dac that can be used as a preamp like a topping E30 ?

Last edited:

Sputnik

Dac that can be uses as a preamp like a topping E30
There's already 1 of those coming out like every other week.

Just like with the monoblocs, I'm hoping for something different, something that usually costs too much because it is a niche product. But when you can make them perform great at a very affordable price, it becomes a hit.

Monoblocs are nothing new, but with the V3 mono, everyone can afford it, and many want it. It would be awesome if they could do the same with a balanced pre amp. Not another dac that can also do a bit of pre amping.

2 balanced ins, 2 or 3 SE ins, nice buttons and volume control.

Currently many use their dac as a pre-amp, because it's not worth spending 800, 1100 for a dedicated pre. But a good dedicated pre makes controlling your audio so much nicer.

gasolin75

Last edited:
Top Bottom